Monday, April 28, 2008

Piss and Vinegar


The Hawks and the Celtics are in the 4th right now, and even if the Hawks win this game I don't see them taking the series. Nonetheless, watching the Hawks I can't help but think how much guts, guile, and talent this young team has. Josh Smith. Joe Johnson. Marvin Williams. Al Horford. Josh Childress. Zaza Pachulia. These guys are showing the same unbridaled bravado that we all saw in last years Warriors. The difference? They are young hustle junkies who play aggressive D instead of wacky journeyman looking for a rallying cry. On both ends of the ball they suggest the possibility of becoming more sophisticated and more confident. I don't see them realistically winning this series (although leaving a mental scar on this Boston team would be just fine by me). But I am very excited to see what this team can do over the next few years. Obviously any discussion of the Hawks must end with the human highlight film (whom I must say Josh Smith is doing a mighty good job of carrying on the tradition of). So, just for good measure, I give you the one, the only, 'NIQUE:



UPDATE: Hawks 97, Celtics 92. Tomorrow Is The Question!

No comments: