Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Opportunities


So I missed my chance to really discuss game 4 (some combination of the Hawks, a surprisingly exciting Nuggets-Lakers game, and a very busy day at work put my reflections on hold). A couple of quick notes, as well as some other broader NBA thoughts.

Diaw: Don't fear Diaw. He had a great game in game 4, but he didn't in the first 3. It is more important to shut down their perimeter shooting than to double him in the post.

Bell:
Only fear bell if we leave him open. Let me repeat myself: "It is more important to shut down their perimeter shooting than to double [Diaw] in the post."

Nash:
Despite the Suns' high scoring, he still had a quiet game (I believe 15 and 4). We need to make sure he stays the "outsider" he's been all series.

Pick and Roll:
It worked to perfection for 3 straight games. Return to it.

Personnel:
Keep an offensive minded squad out there (more Finley/Barry/Thomas, Less Bowen, No Horry).

Attitude:
The Jugular.

As far as the rest of the Association goes-

The Eastern Conference: More competitive (weaker at the top?) than originally conceived?

Western Conference: More top-heavy than originally conceived?

I will be back with more on the Hawks, because I want to take some time to really probe what exactly is going on in that series. Let's Go Spurs.

No comments: