Thursday, April 24, 2008

From the lips of idiots...


...sometimes comes the truth.

So I imagine most of you have heard about Mike Bibby's needlessly antagonistic comments regarding Celtics fans. If you haven't here they are:

“They were kind of loud at the beginning. But a lot of these fans are bandwagon jumpers trying to get on this now. I played here last year, too [with Sacramento] and I didn’t see three-fourths of them. They’re for the team now and they might get a little rowdy, but that’s about it.”

and you've probably heard how they subsequently mocked him to no end last night.

But I feel like surprisingly few people are pointing out how in fact, Bibby, although a jackass, is correct. Last year nobody in that town gave a shit about the Celtics. And before the Patriots won the Super Bowl against the Rams I don't even think they realized they had a football team. Listen, I don't like Boston, and I don't like Boston sports teams. And I really don't like Boston sports fans. But I will cede one point: They truly do love the Red Sox. But they need to stop acting like they care at all about the other 3 major sports. Its not like they shouldn't go to the games now that they are good, I am just saying don't b.s. yourselves about how you always secretly cared or something like that.

No comments: