Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Quick Glance Around the Interwebs

There was a lot I wanted to talk about today, but I don't have the time, so I'll just leave you with the primary sources and let you do the leg work:

This piece by Kelly Dwyer is exactly how I feel about the Bulls hiring Vinny Del Negro.

This piece by Bethlehem Shoals is essential to my brief thoughts on defense that I posted below (as is the always stellar debate in the comments section. Its weird to write "stellar debate in the comments section" and mean it.) They get into a much more sophisticated back-and-forth than I had time for, but I'll be sure to look at the issue more deeply, maybe this weekend when I can really sit down and write.

Although not basketball related, this piece by Dave Zirin explores the shameful manner in which the NFL and the military have responded to the evidence surrounding Pat Tillman's death (for further reading, take a look at Zirin's interview with Tillman's heroic mother).

Britt Robson knows hoops. He is one of the best basketball writers out there today. I don't miss a word he writes, and neither should you.

No comments: