Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Embodies the Spirit


So I don't typically like to talk about politics on this blog. Or at least not partisan politics. I would argue that the intersections of sports and politics are more numerous than people acknowledge (in the off-season I plan to explore quite thoroughly the site at which aesthetics, politics and sports collide). But sometimes a moment comes a long that embodies the spirit of why you write about sports in the first place: the swagger, the style, the optimism. Ladies and gentlemen, last night I witnessed one of those moments. The man who may very likely be the next President of the United States and his wife gave each other a pound. If that's not the most FD move a politician's ever made, I don't know what is. Bounce to the sound of the changing of the guard.

No comments: