Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The State of Things

I think this is the tenth post in a row where I've complained about the amount of work I have instead of talking about basketball, and that is getting very boring for everyone involved, myself included. Either way, there are some things we have to discuss:

First, I neglected to mention last week that I am now writing a weekly column for Hardwood Paroxysm. It's titled HustleJunkie and runs on Tuesdays. You can read last week's installment here, and today's here.

Aside from the pleasure of working with a number of really talented writers over at HP, its also an excellent chance for me to do what I've been meaning to do for some time now: Not talk about the Spurs every damn post.

But it leaves me with a lingering question. If I now have a venue to muse on the state of the NBA as a whole, should I just give in and make this the full blown Spurs blog it is already on the cusp of being, or should I continue to keep up the charade of "this is an NBA blog that happens to be written by a Spurs fan." Well, actually, I lean towards the latter. I really do love the NBA as a whole, including its bumblingly tragicomic elements, and I don't want to limit myself. I hope to invest the time next season to really cover a variety of teams and players, and let whatever niche I carve for myself occur naturally. On that note, go over to HP and read my stuff, I think it ain't half bad.

And I promise, absolutely promise, that I will put up some meaningful content here at 48 Minutes this week. No excuses. Just good, ole' fashioned, amateur basketball analysis.


DDC said...

Keep doing your thing kid. Your blog is one one the best out.

Anthony Wilson said...

What ddc said.